Saturday, February 20, 2010

Dream

Haven't been terribly consistent with practicing lay gnosis for a while. Ok, to be honest- I completely stopped the past few weeks. My heart's been kinda heavy with a lot of stuff I (stupidly) wanted to deal with on my own and... there's really no good reason to tell you the truth. Just me being silly and lazy.

Last evening while laying in bed waiting for sleep to overtake me I decided that I'd buckle down and get a good session in. Several minutes of lay-gnosis-hand-tingling later I dropped off into sleep in a so-so mood. Then the dream began.

I was inside a dome-like structure I understood to be our planet, and walking down with other people into large cavernous rooms. These rooms were situated to appear almost like a movie theaters, with rows of chairs and big screens with low toned entertainment playing. Something odd about it struck me- every so often a few of the chairs were scooted around at odd angles and there were even couches thrown around here and there.

As I walked into this chamber and tried to find a seat it came to mind that the reason why people were moving down here was that there was some sort of conflagration- fire or war....something... I don't know exactly- which happened above. The surface was not hospitable any longer.


I sat in a chair and looked across at the woman who faced me. She was a normal looking young woman. Reading some sort of publication. Magazine, I think. The chamber wasn't too packed. But I saw a few people sporadically standing up and leaving by way of a narrow corridor which moved deeper into the planet. I couldn't figure this out. There were no signs stating what it was. And the woman sitting across from me noticed my confused look toward the tunnel. She shrugged and went on reading her magazine.


Watching the people who stood to move toward the corridor I realized that just before they did this, some nameless and perfectly ordinary person would sit down beside them for a few moments and then would lead them toward the door. This went on for some time. The people never came back. The realization that these people were being 'interviewed' came to mind. But interviewed for what?!


Once I made the connection with the interviewers and the interviewees I took a glance around and noticed something shocking which I did not see as I sat down originally- dotted throughout the chamber in the multitude of chairs were corpses. People who had literally waited in that room until they died.
I felt the presence of a person sitting down beside me and I turned my head to look at them. Don't remember their face. But I remember standing up. And then I woke up.

2 comments:

Paul said...

Hey, I haven't been to your site recently, you always pop up in my google reader which pops up on my igoogle page so I usually read you there. I like the look of the header. As I started reading this I immediately wanted to interpret your dream, not that I have any experience at it but I have always thought it was fun to know what dreams mean,if they indeed have meanings. I'm not sure what gnosis says about heaven or how to get there but from a dogmatic christian viewpoint, what came to mind was the interview was to get into heaven I don,t have a theory on the corpses though. Just a something that popped into my head. What do you think?

Angel said...

Hi again, Paul. Thanks. The banner is one I've been playing with for a while. Can't make up my mind, honestly. So I switch them out occasionally. Like changing my outfit, ya know?

Interpreting dreams is fun, for sure! And I've contemplated the heaven angle. The corpses give me pause, though. Gives it a gnostic slant, especially when mixed with the living. Sharing something with Catholicism, there is a type of purgatory present in gnosticism: rebirth. Unless you completely 'graduate' through the upper Mysteries before death then you are thrown back down into the world for further attempts at enlightenment.

I think the corpses were people who perhaps died while lingering in a certain stage of looking or finding (or maybe never bothered to try to find)but never finding it.