Sunday, December 27, 2009

What Can The Demiurge Offer Us?

I've had rather modest run ins with pleroma the past few days. I guess my mind has been so frenzied with the Holidays that I haven't given him nearly as much time as I should. He has still found the odd moment here and there to butt into my thoughts and inject some common sense for me to mull over. And I certainly appreciate it!!

"This world is but a minute."

Seems simple, yes? Six words strung together to convey the impression that we should make haste, seize the day, and do what we can when we can. But I don't believe that is what pleroma wishes for us.

I translate the above six words to: "The demiurge can give you a minute but look at what I can give you after that minute is over."

The demiurge rules the earth. That is His domain; His creation. He can
say whatever he wants to human beings and he can also promise whatever he wants. But that doesn't mean it will in fact occur.

He promises us Heaven if we give our lives over to His will. But this Heaven is also a place where we will look down into Hell from on high, able to watch the torture of those souls who did not accept his rule. Why would a supposedly loving deity promise such a horrific future to us? Who would want that?

I think back now to when I was a young child being indoctrinated within the Baptist church and cringe. When I was "saved" I sold my soul to a deity who cares more about himself than my welfare. He doesn't want me to learn to think for myself. He doesn't want me to ask questions. He simply wants me to sit back, shut up, and wait for the end of the world.

On the other hand, the All offers something which the demiurge never could because He doesn't have the right to offer it in the first place: sanctuary. The demiurge did not make Earth for us as a playground. He made it into a hell. Our souls don't go to the demiurge when our human body dies, it bypasses Him and is reabsorbed into pleroma. The demiurge can't control where our souls go. Only the All can. The only thing the demiurge can do is lie, lie, lie, lie, and lie some more.

I feel that pleroma's message today was meant to comfort. We only have a short while to be assaulted with the demiurge's demented message of hellfire and brimstone before we will be back in the arms of the one who loves us the best. We are brave people. We can outlast Him. And meanwhile we can spend our years in this human body exploring ideas and concepts which are intriguing to us. There is no need for us to stampede off a cliff like a horde of lemmings, tired of this life. Human death will come to us soon enough.

No comments: