Saturday, November 7, 2009

Conflict

And Jesus said, "Whoever has come to understand the world has found only a corpse, and whoever has found a corpse is superior to the world." ~Gospel of Thomas, 56

I think it quite sad such a corpse exists if only to taunt us with its marvels and color. And aren't we marvels in and of ourselves? How can we not find such beauty appealing in its diversity? Donning such darkly tinted glasses to see the world for what it truly is feels suffocating at times. I know this is necessary, however. Keeping your eyes toward the Good God means looking at a different kind of beauty; this beauty is the very definition of Pleroma(fullness).

Looking at a view such as the picture above I feel a conflicted sense of awe. Is it wrong to feel thankful for such a sight? To revel in it, even if for a short while?

I suppose the only optimistic way to look at this situation is that Pleroma was capable of having a grandchild(of a sort) with such artistic abilities. And we wouldn't be here except through His shortsightedness and arrogance. If Yahweh is such a small fraction of Pleroma, then trying to envision what The All is in all it's complete capacity is beyond the scope of us mere mortals. We'd become so drunk it'd fry our brains. I can think of worse ways to meet my maker.

2 comments:

Steve Truebluehealer said...

Nice little blog Angel. Insomnia. How bad is that? How do you handle it? How long have you had it? What decade of life are you in?

Do you think LG has sped your progress?. A few people are interested. Love Steve Trueblue in Sydney.

Angel said...

Thanks, Steve.

My insomnia is related to a chronic illness I'm fighting. Fibromyalgia. I'm on the guaifenesin protocol from Dr. St. Amand. It's "radical" but the ONLY thing out there that has done anything at all for me.

And oops! I forgot to add my age to my profile. I'll do that. I'm 29.

Meds, man. That's the only way I've found a way to sleep every night. A single dose antidepressant which has a role in sleep helps greatly. My longest stint of sleeplessness was six days. I was near psychotic.

LG has definitely opened doors. In weird ways. I've relived several parts of my life in my mind. Seeing them from various perspectives. And my newest epiphany of "I do not have a self" plays into that. LG led me here, for sure.

I'll be writing about that very soon. Still rolling the ideas around in my mind. They're incubating.