Saturday, November 7, 2009

Golf a Lesson In Worldly Affairs?

I live on a golf course. The dangers to my windows and transportation are real. It's a fact of life.

A thought hit me this morning as I sat at the table looking out the window eating my cereal- unless we choose otherwise we are all golfers. Chasing something around a pretty little scenic set up with a supposed goal in mind. And no, I didn't get my athletic sports mixed up. I mean 'goal' in the sense of a final pay off. A pay out. A getting something for all our hard efforts. Merchandise in exchange for money or trade of an object. We paid, damn it. Now give us our prize!

In a light doze last evening I narrowed in on a curious little brick in that wall of my mind: selflessness. The epiphany of "I do not have a self" sprang into my mind and... now I sit here stumped. Not frustrated. Enlightened. Warmed. A wee bit afraid of beginning this journey to pursue my next answer. But I've taken the first step by recognizing the question. By answering it first, naturally. *eye roll*

There are so few things in this life which made sense.

No comments: