Wednesday, May 30, 2012

A Drunk Text Message to God

A fellow gnostic(Night Caravan's Green Monk) embedded this YouTube video from George Watsky in his own blog and I've decided to mirror it here for you. Freaking hilarious and so irreverently... relevant(!) to gnostics it made me just about laugh myself to death. We are 'heretics' to the literalist faiths. We are the ultimate heretics. We're not pagan. But we do announce that Jesus laughed and gosh darn it- we want to laugh with him! This life is anything but boring. George puts it all into a nice neat little package for us with his poetic rant. Caution for bad language.



This kind of passion is what the world needs more of. I totally get where he's coming from. Gnostic revelation isn't simple. A lot of times it's messy chaos rantings in our head that we can't quite enunciate except to make parallels with other messed up stuff. But... I don't know about that resurrecting the dead hamster bit. I had a hamster once who used to play dead quite frequently. My vet said in the end that he was narcoleptic. So. That solves that mystery. LOL

Glad we won't have zombie hamsters scurrying around.

I've decided to take his advice on not deleting our 'work-in-progress' writings. We need to see those little landmark achievements someday. Or maybe someone else will need to see it so that they recognize the stage of gnosis they are in themselves. Blogs are the best therapy. I've had paper diaries but the urge to destroy it was always too strong. Now I really do wish I had them.

1 comment:

Paul said...

wow, that was great.