Wednesday, May 30, 2012

Why Does He Love Puns So Much?

Today my little gift from the All was tickled in my ear this morning: "Now don't be alarmed but...." 

*BEEP*BEEP*BEEP*BEEP*BEEP*BEEP*BEEP!*   My alarm clock went off and I woke up laughing and slapped the Off button. Yeah. Alarmed. Ha ha.

He has such a ridiculous love of puns. He loves playing with our language idiosyncrasies. Double entendres give him endless pleasure. Tongue twisters are his second love, I think. Or.. maybe sappy love ballads. It's a toss up, really. Those are the ones he throws at me the most, anyway.

I'm afraid that I don't have a very good answer as to exactly why the All loves puns so much but I do have a guess. My guess is that they're simple enough to slip into our consciousness on a whim and a quick way to give us a hug. He doesn't always need to lead us in technicolor dreams in crazy collages to communicate- a pun or play on words is a quick but simple way to nudge us awake while letting us know that he is there is enough sometimes.

Be fearless. Embrace the absurdly funny. There's nothing wrong with it. 



No comments: