Saturday, June 19, 2010

Institute for Creation Research

Two months ago my ten year old son brought home a proselytizing and fund raising brochure from the ICR. From school. From his federally funded public school.

After calling the school's principal about the matter she stated, "That teacher's aid no longer works for the school. He must have handed that out during his farewell party from the children. I can promise you this will never happen again. Oh and can you send that pamphlet back to us? I'd like to take a look at it."

*blog author face palms* Yeah, lady. I'll get right on that. I'll be sure to hand you over all the evidence just in case I end up needed a lawyer.

The next day I scanned the pamphlet and enclosed it in an envelop with the following note:

"Enclosed is a copied replica of the donation request pamphlet my son received from the classroom aid, Mr. ********. I am keeping the original; thank you.

We are a Christian family, however we do recognize the legal separation between Church and State and would hope that you plan to reiterate to all your staff that it is not acceptable to offer such literature to our youngsters.

If I wanted my children to attend a parochial school they’d already be there."


The Institute for Creation Research is an insidious monster. They do not respect the legal protections which govern our society.

I recently finished reading a book by Lee Tiffin called Creationism's Upside-Down Pyramid: How Science Refutes Fundamentalism and I am so shocked by the ANTI-intellectualism of this organization's "scientists" I find myself at a loss for words.
How can you look at all of the scientific evidence right in front of your face and still insist that a two-thousand year old book holds all the keys?

This is a video found on YouTube from the ICR. Take note of what is said at 0:40 through 1:00 concerning Darwin's book Origin of Species.




"Unscientific?!"

In 3:57 he states Darwin's book was "in my opinion merely speculation."

Dr. Morris is so busy suing the state of California and Texas while trying to hand out SCIENCE degrees for Creationist "Science" that he obviously hasn't had the time to read about the past 100+ years of archeological finds concerning human evolution. Here's a Wiki short list.


PS. I'm wondering what Morris was smoking while in his GeoPhysics classes.

No comments: