Tuesday, June 15, 2010

Pleroma's Alarm Clock

Today was supposed to be the day when I wrote a second reactionary piece to the previously posted article on the woman who was fired for having premarital sex, thus conceiving her(in the eyes of the Church) bastard child. But the All had other plans for me today.

I was woken up this morning(ahem.. afternoon) by Pleroma, who effectively kicked me out of my nice warm bed with the most irritating alarm-clock'ish musical tones I've ever heard. Instead of only hearing something with your auditory receptors, Pleroma forces you to
feel his metaphysical foot on your ass shoving you out of bed.

One medium pitched and then one higher pitched tone that I can feel vibrating in my chest. This isn't the first time it's happened. Yeah, try going to back sleep when the All decides that you have had quite enough sleep. Ain't gonna happen. He doesn't have a snooze button. (!!grrr!!!)
Instead, he jacks into your brain and gives you something akin to a super caffeine high. What a lovely way to start your day.

So, I'm up. Unwillingly. I am up out of bed. Apparently I'm supposed to do something today. I'm guessing this has something to do with the article I'm supposed to write on the blog. And the drawing I'm working on for a convention I'm attending. I've only got two weeks to get it done so I better get moving. I don't even have a firm plan in my mind of a layout. *sigh* Need to take some more pictures to get a grip here on what I'm trying to convey. I don't have a clue.
The artist in me is suffering from painter's block. Hopefully I'll recover in enough time to put something together for the convention.

Anyway. Back on the topic of Pleroma's annoying snooze-button-less alarm clock. Do all gnostics have this experience? The answer to that would be no. So what's different about me? Why do I have Pleroma's foot invading my personal space?


Lay gnosis is an
invitation for Pleroma to take a more hands-on approach with us in our daily lives. And boy oh boy does he love it when we sleep! We're more open to having conversations with him when our brain has slowed down and our inhibitions don't get in the way. Think of it as nighttime therapy for the soul. An intimate communion.

What do practitioners of lay gnosis get out of the whole deal? Balance. Peace. Knowledge. Also, a head full of universally funny jokes. (Be ready to discuss the absurd!!) The All has a sense of humor and he really wants to share it with you. "Why be so serious?" he asks. "Your life should be fun. Enjoy it. Learn from it. I'll be here when you need rest and even when you need a shoulder to cry on."

That is the first stage of being open with Pleroma. You are child-like in every way.
The second phase sets the stage for a more mature relationship with the All. You question. You don't always receive the answers when you think you need them. Demanding doesn't work. He gives you space to ask those questions which are important to you at the moment but he also gives you space to find the answers on your own. Daddy is distancing himself so you can grow, so you can find out what you are capable of. He is not a crutch and he doesn't want you to use him like one.

He doesn't have you swaddled up in a blanket like a baby anymore, smothering you with love. Because in the beginning that is truly what it feels like. You feel high. Inebriated. Drunk on love. In love. With everything and everyone and most importantly him. Finding that divine cord connecting you to him isn't hard to do. It's neon pink, baby! A live wire! He wants to firmly imprint upon your soul just how much he loves you. He doesn't want you to forget it any time soon.


In phase two he is giving you room to run away from him if you so choose. And I have done so a number of times. Home life, married life, life with two kids/two cats/bills/etc can intrude upon your internal dialogue with the All on a daily basis. This isn't necessarily a bad thing. This is about learning how to balance your physical life with the divine. It is possible to have both. You don't have to cloister yourself away to have this connection. But it does demand some acrobatics. Thankfully, Pleroma is eternally patient.


However, that does NOT mean he is not adverse to soundly kicking you out of your own bed because he believes you are being a lazy ass!
Such is the lesson I learned today.

To reiterate: lay gnosis is an open invitation extended by you so that the All can have a more direct communion within your soul. Literal interpretation of the Bible, Koran, Bhagavad Gita, and other religious texts wont get you there. This is something entirely different.


Lay gnosis steps outside the boundaries of the literal, the inane, and the superficial. It gives you something real. Tangible. Something you can live with and feel it's worth.


I highly recommend visiting Steve, of TrueBlueHealer.com's website and browsing around. He is present on YouTube with a user ID of kimbo99. Browse around. Have fun.


Here's his
first intro video for lay gnosis. It is worth your time!! Note: please make sure you have your volume turned on.

"
Gnosis is knowing by internal experience rather than faith, hope or belief in an externally produced report. Gnosis is as real as eating and drinking, and is part of the human life cycle." ~Steve

gnōthi seauton
Know Thyself

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Excellent article! I usually get repeating godawful twangy country music if I'm being stubborn.

Angel said...

Yeesh. I feel blessed! ROFL

Then again, I don't think there's anything like being serenaded in the shower with Every Rose Has It's Thorns, thus causing you to slice the heck out of yourself. So you have to wonder- is it my fault or His? *raised eyebrow*

Angel said...

While shaving legs, I meant to say.

Chadly said...

I watched those videos. It actually does kind of remind me of Reiki a little, at least what I know of it. It also reminds me of a practice I used to do way back in my early days, when I considered myself a Christian Witch, involving a visualization technique where you created "energy balls" in between your hands of varying sizes, strengths, etc. Its intent was to learn to focus so that when you performed a spell, you knew how to control and focus the energy you put into it. I eventually grew lax, I guess due to my natural cycles of waxing and waning of spiritual growth. I always thought it was interesting that I never could *visualize* the "energy ball" all that well, but would always feel a strong tingling in my hands. Perhaps I should give it a revisit. Could also explain why I'm drawn to certain forms of spellwork, and their effectiveness.

Angel said...

Good to hear you realize those waxes and wanes of spiritual growth do exist. Some people(me!!) are extremely ADD and want constant attention(just to make sure I wasn't imagining the whole thing) and expect every day to be just as blissful as the first with Pleroma. It ain't so. The floors still need scrubbing and bills still have Due Dates.

Personally, I've never found visualization very helpful. I get a murky picture of everything. And it's not a 'ball' so much as a layer of magnet-against-magnet repelling sensation against the palms of your hands. Freaky. THAT is lay gnosis, m'dear! You are there.

Watch that vid, do it, and ... if nothing happens in a few weeks don't fret. It means that you were already inside the door and not outside it. You can't step in the same river twice.

.... but you can catch the same kind of fish.