Thursday, August 5, 2010

Hemp, Pot, & The Law

I had a crazy discussion the other day with my fifty-five year old mother who suffers from two debilitating chronic pain illnesses, about pot. Yes. Pot!

With the one chronic pain ailment we do both share(fibromyalgia) we both agreed emphatically that if pot was legalized there'd be a race as to who could get to the hemp shop first. "My new Toyota would beat your rusty little Buick any day, sweety," she said with a sneer.

My husband was horrified listening to us, saying, "I can't believe you two!! Have you no shame?!! It's wrong! It'll make you stupid!"

At which point both my mother and I look at my husband and just sigh. He doesn't understand chronic pain the way we do. He doesn't understand looking at food like it's the enemy(because of nausea) and hiding from strong smells or loud sounds(migraines) or the stress and strain of dealing with normal everyday stuff the way other people do(overwhelming sense stimulation). Oh yeah, then how 'bout the immune system from hell and catching every bug in a fifty mile radius? That's always a joy.

My mother, who is twenty times cooler since I went through my Miserable Teen years, pats me on the knee and says to me, "Baby, if you wanna be a pothead I'll support your habit. Just make sure you never smoke alone. I wouldn't want you to get stupid or anything," while glancing over at my husband. I start laughing so hard I couldn't even see straight. My husband stomps out of the room yelling about crazy assed women.

My mother and I are copacetic on the topic of pot. If it was legal we'd be buying it. My Mom said she's thinking about getting some shirts made that say, "potential weed eater" showing a picture of a special brownie. I'm really looking forward to Christmas this year....lol

These two vids are fantastic talking points about marijuana. Tons of facts. And depressing news about DuPont and all the other ugly corporations out there who really don't have our best interest at heart.

In terms of gnosis + pot, I say go for it. Relaxing is good. Rx pharmaceuticals are out to kill us for the most part. Don't even get me started on fibromyalgia medications. I'll rant and rave for hours on the crap I've been through the past few years. The treatment I'm on now isn't "kosher" with the FDA and yet I'm doing well on it and I don't have any side effects. So Eli Lilly and Pfizer can bite me. Their meds made me hallucinate so badly I couldn't read or even string a sentence together coherently.

Part One:



Part Two: (the background music is kinda loud on this one but the information is fantastic and worth your time.)

No comments: