Tuesday, May 29, 2012

Sorry honey, no tuna helper tonight!

Just when I wanted to whip up a great batch of chilled tuna helper with peas(strangely yummy combo) for dinner tonight I find this article on MSN: Tuna Carry Fukushima Radiation Across Pacific to US.  The article is pretty funny if you just had your head in the cabinet and were contemplating opening up a few cans of the stuff and then you remember seeing those articles about traveling radiation on those alternative news sources that have been popping up for MONTHS....then it all makes sense. See, this is how the FDA is going to break the news to us gently-- we're fucked.  

First it's the tuna. Then it's the clams and shrimp. And oh no *dramatic gasp* however could we foresee that it would affect the dolphins and sharks?  Oh well. I guess we'll have to roll out the story about the tuna we tested 'today.' 
"We were frankly kind of startled," said Nicholas Fisher, one of the researchers reporting the findings online Monday in the Proceedings of the National Academy of Sciences.
Really, Nicholas? You're startled that radiation will travel through a large body of water like the Pacific Ocean which has such powerful currents? Here in Florida we're always startled by the pollen, sand storms, and hurricane spawning winds coming over from Africa during certain times of the year and yet somehow we know to expect it. We have calendars and we're not stupid. 1 + 1, my friend. It always equals two.

I am finding that alternate news sources from the mainstream have proven to be pretty reliable in forecasting what the future holds for corporate media. So now when I read about something on say, Yahoo or MSN, I can chuckle to myself and say, "What a coincidence." 

As of today I am adding a module of links to the side of the blog titled "Alternative News." I'd like to thank the members of ProjectCensored.org for publishing such a fine compilation series of books as well as keeping up the work on a daily basis. Their website and books are amazing and I recommend them to anyone wanting to know the real story of what journalists are seeing but are not allowed to publish in the national papers.

No comments: