Thursday, July 26, 2012

Dream: London, fog and rockets?


This afternoon around 2:30 I dreamt(Insomnia girl here, remember? I sleep at odd times) of something horrific happening in London. I’ve tried desperately to distance myself from news of the Olympics and anything in London but obviously Pleroma had different plans. Politics have been hell there and I really feel like the whole scenario is ripe for disaster. Hence, my distance from the news. I can only stand to read so much negativity before I have to turn away.

So here’s the dream: 

I was in a relatively tall building, an apartment, in London. I was in bed. I woke up and looked out my window at some noise and saw the most beautiful sight: small airplanes flying around with ‘streamers’ of huge pieces of artwork made in cut metal flying behind them. It was supposed to be a tribute to the Olympics. If this visualization sounds strange then think of those little planes you see flying along the coast at beaches with streamers which say, “Come down to Barney’s Pub! 5 wings for $3!” Those kinds of streamers. Only these were made out of metal, a shining silvery white metal and they looked almost like painting templates, they were hollow in the middle. 

These pieces of metal were in the shape of stylized rockets with streamers and confetti behind them. Beautiful. There must have been two dozen planes out flying these streamers.
I was so excited to see them up close that I got up out of bed and suddenly found myself on a plane ready to jump out. I had a camera. The plan was to sky dive and catch images of these flying commemorative pieces of art and sell the pictures to newspapers and magazines. 

I jumped. A few seconds after I did I realized that on the same level as these planes was a fog of gas. I choked, my eyes fluttered and my heart and lungs seized. I was falling still, through this cloud of gas, and I dropped my camera. 

I woke up out of the dream just before I hit the Thames. 

My physical body felt just like it did in the dream; my heart was pounding erratically and I couldn’t breathe. Horrifying. I knew I had to write it down. So here it is. 

I don’t know if something will happen in London but my body feels terrified and my heart says that there is potential for danger on a massive scale. 

The biggest question I have after thinking about this dream is why would the planes be releasing gas of this nature? And why the ruse of the decorative streamer/art?

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Wow...I've been doing some research lately, and there's some theories that something is going to happen at the Olympics. Maybe the dream was a warning? I dunno...And I think the art with the planes was like a cover-up so they could come out all nice-like, and then they could release the gas with ease and to have a greater shock. :(

-Merry

Angel said...

Yes, there's a lot of nastiness going on right now which leaves a lot of potential triggers just... flapping in the wind, waiting for someone to use one for their own selfish gain.

And yeah, I kinda got the same feeling about the art; like they were a nifty little diversion to keep people in a localized area and looking at them. What monstrosity.

What really weirded me out most about the whole thing afterward when thinking about it was that I didn't have the normal panicked reaction to the whole 'I'm falling' sensation thing. No, it was the gas that killed me, not the fall.

I really hope nothing happens. I'm praying and wishing hard with all my heart. We don't need any more strife.