Tuesday, August 10, 2010

The Concept

Been dealing with a migraine since late last night. So for around 24 hours now I've had a stabbing pain going straight through the tear duct of my left eye and into my brain. Marvelous feeling, I tell you. One good thing that's come out of this is that my time has been well spent- resting!

During bedrest I've had quite a day conversing and communing with Pleroma. Quirky little snippets and flashes. Soothing. Then irritating because I didn't have enough energy to get up and grab my notebook to write stuff in. So I resigned myself to relaxing and drowsily enjoying the company. Quite a nice siesta, honestly. The most pleasant migraine I've ever had. lol

Now that I'm feeling good enough to be vertical once more I decided to relay a dream I had. It repeated in a fuzzier quality a few times before stopping completely. What I mean is that I'd wake up from it and lay awake for a few hours and then when I fell into a drowsy state once again it'd repeat.

Recall a while back where I mentioned a motif trend in gnostic dreams and landscapes? This dream fits into that same category. The landscape of this dream stands out vividly- it was the female barracks I lived in during Basic Training. (I washed out during training due to injuries. I'm dreaming of the barracks I lived in BEFORE I went to the physical therapy unit and discharged.)

So everyone was asleep. Fifty something females up in their bunks, dead to the world. I was on night guard but instead of sitting at a table by the door like normal, I was sitting at a piano.

I stretched the right side of my body forward and rested my right arm on the top of the piano and lay my head in the crook of my elbow, looking down at the keys. I played with my left hand, which is bizarre in itself because I'm mostly right handed. I played a very simple mid-toned tune over and over again. It was like, half of the tune, because I didn't have both hands on the keys. Somebody leaned over my shoulder and said, "you've almost got it."

I could feel the vibration of the chords through my chest and arms.

It was ten minutes before everyone was due to wake up. That same voice standing over me said, "Not yet. It's not time. You'll wake them up early." But I played anyway because the music wanted to come out through my fingers. So I played the same tune over and over again.... and then woke up from the dream when the lights came on in the barracks.

Took me nearly an hour to track down the song. The Cranberries have a quite a few albums and I had to listen to a minute or so of each song before I could rule it out. I could hear the words in my head but it didn't occur to me precisely which song it was because it didn't really appeal to me when I first heard it years ago. Now the opposite is true. I can't get it out of my head. And today that's not a bad thing. I need all the soothing I can get because my eyes still hurt so badly from the migraine.

Anyway, here's the song. "The Concept" by the Cranberries from their album Wake Up And Smell The Coffee. The chorus is the bit which keeps repeating in my mind from Pleroma as a gentle hug. Very appreciated. Lyrics are down below.



Come here, my lover
Something's on your mind
Listen to no other
They could be unkind

Chorus:
Hold on to the concept of love, always
Darling
Hold on to the concept of love, always

Take life between us
Live it like we choose
They'll never see us
I will hear you call

Hold on to the concept of love, always
Darling
Hold on to the concept of love, always

Night all night all night


2 comments:

Steve Truebluehealer said...

Wonderful example of mixing music into a messaging dream literally describing the experience of personal gnosis. You and Source alone, the only two awake enjoying heavenly music and romantic physical embrace while humanity sleeps mistakenly believing they are awake.

Did this happen to Mozart? He always woke with fully completed compositions. Wrote them down error free,First time.

Angel said...

Mozart could very well have been tapping into Pleroma, from what it sounds like. Our minds seem to work overtime during sleep when gnosis is unleashed and communion is occurring.

I am so very glad there are interludes between experiences like this, however. Gives one a chance to explore, reminisce, and enjoy it fully without constantly intruding into day to day life. Otherwise I'd never be able to get done what I need to.

Don't get me wrong- the initial honeymoon was sweet. The barrage of emotion was emotionally fulfilling. But slowing down is a good thing too!