Thursday, December 22, 2011

Bugs, Infections, and more Internet naughtiness


The above lolcat photo accurately depicts my frustration when dealing with my mother today who, Pleroma love her, has the common sense of a mouse when it comes to dealing with technology of any sort. I had to set up her address book for her with her cell phone, show her how to work her cable box remote, and now... NOW I have to figure out how to reformat her computer because she clicked on one of those antivirus protection program pop-ups which are, in fact, an invitation to download the virus itself which will wipe out your hard drive. We've done this twice now in the past year. It's a tad bit frustrating.

So that was my day. I am about ready to rip out her computer and chuck the damn thing out the window.

And in other news my in-laws are starting fights with my husband, yet again, trying to get him all riled up so that he'll divorce me(snickersnort) and complaining about his children supposedly being used for slave labor around our house because I make them do all their laundry, clean their room, and their bathroom. Oh and heaven forbid they vacuum the living room once a week to help me out because if I use the vacuum cleaner it makes my whiplash flare like hot pokers are being shoved through my neck. Heaven forbid a ten and an eleven year old take care of their belongings and help take care of the house. We wouldn't want to teach the poor little dears how to have responsibility, now would we?

Is it a full moon or something?

'Tis the Season to royally make our blood pressure go sky high. I am really starting to despise the holidays. This happens every year with my husband's family and I swear that next year I'm considering hibernating my way from October 15th until January the 5th with the help of tranquilizers. I wish my husband had the same option. I really feel for the guy. His side of the family just plain likes fighting. I don't know why but they do. All I know is that after the past two days of their shenanigans we are both so emotionally exhausted that we turned our phones off.

The kids will come back in two weeks with attitudes from hearing all that crap and... ugh. Every. Time. I hate it.

Why can't we all just get along?

3 comments:

Chadly said...

I feel ya! I came back home for the holidays on Tuesday. I brought my Nook with me, and was reading a book on it that we've been reading through in the Celtic spirituality group I'm a member of through church. The joys of not only having to explain to my mom how a Nook works, but also what Celtic spirituality is. Sometimes I wonder why I come to visit for such long stretches of time when I do. Then I remember: I'm poor. As long as I'm here, I don't have to pay for food or gas :-P

Angel said...

"What's a Nook?"

*pat on shoulder*

Glad you survived the holiday, Chad. Family is fun to navigate. The holidays are the Wild Wily West of learning compassion and umm.. what was that thing??.. oh yeah -- patience! Gah!

Chadly said...

Oh, I haven't survived yet! I'm here until just before New Year's :-P

A Nook is the Barnes and Noble version of the Kindle e-reader. :)