Saturday, December 31, 2011

Wise Men

I read a sign outside a local church today:

"Even wise men constantly strive toward a closer communion with the savior."

Sage advice to ring in the New Year. The parent-child connection between the good god and man means it is worthwhile to keep our hearts and minds open to new relationship advice. He only wants our hearts to be open and loving but there are times when we lose our temper. In those times he can give compassionate assistance in helping us detach ourselves from the situation to look at it from broader perspective.

In the grand scheme of things I think we may get too worked up over some very silly stuff.

And on that note, I think this would be a good time to list my New Year's Resolutions!

1) Yell less.
2) Listen more.
3) Fully understand that others are capable of solving their own problems and I don't have to be there to kiss every boo-boo just because I can.
4) Go easy on the Nutella. That stuff is addictive and I don't plan on buying a new wardrobe this year.

2 comments:

Bill St.Cyr said...

Happy New Year Angel. Good luck on your New Year's aspirations - especially the Nutella - grin......

Angel said...

Happy New Year to you as well, Bill!

The fireworks were deafening here at my house last evening.

And about the Nutella: I actually get an off brand. It's better. More cocoa. But I swear, my butt is going to expand if I don't ration it. And so I am putting myself on a ration as of... tomorrow. *wink*

Hubby and I mix it with regular smooth peanut butter and it's better than a Reesy Peanut Butter Cup! Put a few spoonfuls in vanilla bean ice cream.. oh man. THAT is heaven!!