Friday, March 22, 2013

An Unexpected Prayerful OUCH!

Three days ago I took my thirteen year old son out to a few local lakes to do community service for one of his classes. The next morning I felt like an elephant had fallen asleep on my chest. Checking my local weather channel I see the pollen levels are out the roof.. Wonderful. Well, at least I now know that it's just allergies and I'm not in the throes of a heart attack.

Oak, cedar, and nettle(an herb/weed) pollen have taken over the area I live. Just like the past two years this has happened I dare not even open the windows. I huddle inside like a hermit waiting for the evil stuff to go away.

I was ready for it this year. I already had my doc give me a prescription for Benzonatate and I already had it filled. These cough suppressant pills looks like yellow caviar. I'd first taken Benzonatate last Spring when allergies turned into pneumonia and I had excellent results with it. This year, however, something peculiar occurred. 

I'm laying in bed, out of breath. Can't breathe, although I'd taken the Benzonatate over twenty minutes ago. It's pretty fast acting stuff. In so much pain, I try to pray. Typically it takes me about thirty seconds to connect with the All. I have to push aside extraneous stuff in my head and relax. Not that night! As soon as I began I connected and immediately slammed into a wall of pain so horrifying I nearly blacked out. My right eye hurt so badly I thought I could have had a stroke. Scared, I crawled in bed with my husband. (We sleep apart because he snores.) After a while my heart slowed and the pain in my eye subsided. So I tried connecting again. The same thing happened! 

Every time I take Benzonatate I cannot pray without nearly giving myself a brain bursting headache. But it's not a migraine. It's a bright spasm which occurs only when trying to pray. It's like there's a chemical barrier there that cannot be breached. Needless to say, this is not my favorite drug but right now it's either take the stuff or end up with pneumonia from hacking myself into a frenzy and/or pulling muscles in my chest.

There are a few other drugs which make it impossible for me to connect, but this Benzonatate has given me the most terrifying upset. What would happen if I kept trying? Would I give myself a stroke? I don't know. 

What I do know is that the pineal gland has a great deal to do with our connection with the divine and this particular drug can cause dizziness. That's about the only connection I've made so far. If the pineal gland is upset then dizziness and an overall disconnected feeling will take over. A lot of things in our everyday environment can cause this, fluoride is one of the most prevalent. 

Has anyone else ever experienced unease from having certain chemicals in their body while trying to connect to him?

2 comments:

Paul said...

Hi Angel,
I guess I never thought of medicine hindering us with communicating with God. Hmm food for thought. This is a two fold comment. After reading this I started wondering if there were other ways to follow your experiences. I had never investigated too much, I somehow got the feeling you were somewhere around the east coast of Florida. Cocoa, or further south. Ft Lauderdale maybe. I just found you live in the same town as my family. Not that news is all that ground shattering, just a surprise. I lived there from 1985-87. I had actually looked you up on Facebook(uh tried anyway). You wouldn't believe how many Angel's the are in Lakeland. My family lives on the south west side. South Florida Ave. Cleveland Heights Area. Anyway, I just thought that was a little weird. We've been following each other for a few years and I just realized this. Well have a good weekend. Hope all is better,
Paul1436 oerttnFi

Angel said...

Small world, eh?! Yep, I know that area your family lives. Down near the overpass. And confirmation: I do indeed live in Lakeland. Northside. Around the original Mall. The southside of the city is being built up so drastically, though, that my 'northside' isn't so great anymore. It's like there are two different cities here. Northerners and southerners. And the southerners got all the great stores to move toward them. Bastards.

I do wish there was a halfway decent esoteric group here. But with the stranglehold the Christian community groups have on the area that's never going to happen. It'll have to be home-based if it ever takes off.

And yes, I can believe how many Angels there are in Lakeland. I get Facebook questions all the time about 'are you...??' but I'm not. And I despise Facebook. That shitty, virus and worm ridden monstrosity cost me two laptops so far. I never go there. I just have an account there so I can take part in news forums.

Medicine affects the brain chemistry. And if our brain chemistry is off then our senses and ability to do anything at all is affected. I had realized this with a few other meds but this cough suppressant... holy shit, man. Weird. It's kinda like taking Tylenol and suddenly not being able to walk. Being cut off from him is jarring. I'm taking this med as infrequently as I can possibly get away with.