Tuesday, July 13, 2010

Watering Can 'O Gnosis

I had the sweetest dream last evening. Actually, it was this morning. It's around midnight now. I just now finally got the chance to unwind from a long day and write about it.

The phone rang and woke me up out of the dream. I'd love to know what would have happened next.


I was standing in a large cavern. Rocky underfoot. Bare footed, I think. There were about two dozen people sitting, standing, and milling around. I had a watering can in my hand. I walked around 'watering' people with it. On the shoulders or head, not on their feet like they were plants.

Afterward, the people who were drenched in water crept out of the rocky area and toward a rise of rock nearby. It had a lip that we couldn't see over.

Before I left I noticed there was a woman sitting, huddled, crying by herself. She had her knees drawn up to her chin and she was wailing her heart out. I went to pour water on her and a man stopped me with his hand on my elbow saying, "Stop. You can't. It won't help her." And then he walked out with the others.

Stubborn, I raised my can up over her head anyway and poured water on her. It was like a clear sort of bubble encapsulated her. The water didn't touch her but she started crying even harder. Confused, I backed away, set down my watering can, and left to join the others.

I crawled on my hands and knees up toward the edge of this raised land where the others were. We cautiously peeked over the edge and saw a gigantic hallowed out region inside. (It was like a hollow volcano, almost.) Inside was a sea of the brightest water I'd ever seen. Lush, sparkling, rippling. Islands were intermittent. But the water dominated and blinded our eyes. Pure reason and love.

And then the darn phone rang.

I wanted to scream I was so aggravated I was woken up.

I think my soul was drifting and the All wanted to show me that I wasn't alone. We all have watering cans and it's up to our own discretion with whether or not we use them.

The crying woman has me a bit confused. Why would she shut out love? Was she grieving? I can't put my finger on what it was she was feeling or what her personal experience was. And maybe that's not for me to know. What I do know is that this dream was just the soulfood I've been needing lately. I am thankful for Pleroma's gift and what a joy this day has been.

7 comments:

Steve Truebluehealer said...

Lovely gnostic dream Angel somewhat similar to that of Gladys reported the same day .Great clarity. Another place simply accessible that is so much better than where most of us are today. That was a Cry Baby that can't stand the reality of existence.They are seriously underfunctioning materialists.They beg for extinguishment Existence traumatises them.I have a channelled report from Zammit on the astral that when they die and realise they still exist they go into shock and can be catatonic for centuries our time.They are failed experiments.

Angel said...

"can't stand the reality of existence." hmmm... I'll have to think on this some more.

Chadly said...

And here I get dreams of pterodactyls and human kids using balloons to try to learn to fight bad guys. X.x

Angel said...

ROFL Oh Chad. He's trying to make you laugh! That is funny, for sure. Fighting bad guys with balloons. Now if they were filled with Holy Water... hmm.... *kidding*

The All is big on humor. I've woken myself up a few times now laughing out loud at some of the silliness he sends.

I dreamt I was at my grandfather's house making chocolate chip cookies with my deceased grandmother except we were using pickles instead of chocolate. Now go figure that one out! lol

mud_rake said...

I like the concept of gnosis much more than I do of a diagnosis of trichinosis.

Burma Shave.

Angel said...

Cute ad there, mud rake. However the sarcasm is a bit thick.

I notice that you don't let people post comments on your blog. I sense that there is an egotistical reason behind that. Which I'm cool with. Some people just like talking to instead of actually having dialogue with other people with brains.

However, since you don't allow comments on your blog I would like to offer a comment here since this is the only place I can find to do so. This pertains to your most recent blog post. It concerned the gene variant and religious implications.

You said, "How was a belief in the paranormal helpful to furthering the human race? The only idea that comes to mind is that it limits population growth through war. The limit to population growth might be its only saving grace."

Consider this: If a religion or religious concept is based on fear or control then it spreads like wildfire. Why? Because politicians know how to work that fear to their benefit. Religious or moral belief systems based completely on personal responsibility, peace, and love are much harder to take root and spread(like gnosticism). Why? Because the literalist fear mongers in the first group legitimize their genocide of the peaceful group.

Now go find the gene for literalism. That'd win you a Nobel.

Steve Truebluehealer said...

To mudrake- on literalism-Would you care to comment on whether our choice of online moniker should be taken literally as a descriptor? Mudrake talking to Angel.What does that convey to a reader?